Cleansing your body can become part of your life as a way to keep your body and mind happy and healthy.
We can connect this to the natural movement of the seasons. If you’re heading into Spring you may feel a natural urge to clear out your home and your body. Winter can tend to be a time of heavy foods and as we move into Spring it is a lighter feeling. We begin to open back up and we may feel a natural urge to move into this more open and light state.
If you are moving out of summer into Autumn it can be a time to start lightly preparing your body for the winter months to come. Adding in nutritional foods now will gently build up your immune system and prepare your body to fight off those bugs and viruses that fly around in the colder months.
After doing cleansing and detoxes regularly for over 20 years I have come to the conclusion that it does not have to be a huge deal. This said, there is more and more evidence that longer detoxes have a huge impact on chronic disease. In fact as part of an Online Detox Workshop I’m taking part in at the moment I have just watched a film, ‘Super Juice Me’ which is a documentary on 8 people who between them had 22 chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, asthma, kidney and liver disease.
After a 28 day juice cleanse most of their symptoms had disappeared along with the need for their medications. They were guided by health professionals too and I’m by no means suggesting that you try this on your own but it is interesting to watch and it certainly makes you think.
How can I make a detox easy and gentle on my system?
Spring cleaning your body can simply mean adding in a few key nutritious foods and herbal teas. I like my herbal teas but I’m a big tea drinker so I compromise with myself and add in at key times of the day. Have a look at my Facebook Live Video which talks about 3 changes I added into my day to cleanse and detox my body.
Being mindful regarding what we eat and drink can make a huge difference. A little help to the liver each morning with a detox tea or warm water and lemon gives you a good start to the day. You can also try our ‘Short Yoga Class to detox Your Body’. This class is designed to take you through a few exercises over 11 minutes to set you up for the day and give your body a good move around to help your organs to release a few toxins. You are welcome to try our classes out free for 7 days and give it a go.
When you start to add these little everyday items into your day our body will start to naturally filter out any toxins that are stored and you’ll feel lighter and notice you have more energy.
How is cleansing and detoxing going to help me?
Removing toxins from our system such as environmental (the sprays we use in our homes), foods we’ve ingested or emotional toxicity can all have a negative impact on our health.
- Look after your long-term health and preventing yourself from the potential of degenerative disease.
There is plenty of research now linking toxicity and degenerative disease. Andrew Weil talks about how the body can heal itself in many ways including nutrition, in ‘Spontaneous Healing’. This is a great book which looks at how the body naturally heals itself. One of these ways is looking at the toxins we ingest and how we can have a cleaner body to prevent disease and illness.Experience more energy and vitality
2. Feel clear and focused
3. See how much better your skin can be
4. Notice easier movement in your joints
5. Increase the health of each and every cell in your body.
Deepak Chopra talks about cellular memory in our bodies and how the cells formulate themselves based on memory, thoughts, food ingested, environment. In his new book SuperGenes he writes, “Genetics is undergoing a revolution that for the first time opens the way for people to influence their own gene activity. Only 5% of disease-related gene mutations are fully deterministic, while 95% can be influenced by diet, behavior, and other environmental conditions.”. Meaning that research is now showing what we eat and how we treat ourselves in our thoughts and what environment we place ourselves in has a huge impact on our health.
What steps can I take now for myself?
- Consider what you ingest as your first drink or food and ask yourself if is nourishing your body. When you eat and drink things that nourish the cells in your body it will remove the feeling so hunger you may feel as your body already has what it needs.
- Have a look at the links in this blog and watch or read something to inspire and help you take the next step.
- Think about what you put into your body before you go to bed- does it stimulate your nervous system or help you calm and relax. This will have an impact on your sleep which we know has huge impacts on health. See our blog and yoga video Yoga for Insomnia for more info.
If you want to read a great summary of ‘How To’ do a gentle one day detox and much more get a copy of our 30-page E-Book ‘The One Day Detox Manual‘. This E-Book takes you through exercises to help your body detox, more detailed information on detoxing, juicing, the ‘re-toxing’ process, about your organs and detoxing and a one-day menu plan with recipes for a general detox and cleanse. Detoxing is a fantastic way to give your body a break from the toxins and pollution. It’s got everything you need to know about getting motivated, how, what, when and what to be aware of for doing a detox.
- If you want to try the Detox why not try our totally risk-free Monthly Membership for only US$1 for your first month and try our full One-Day Detox Course.This course is designed to introduce you or re-inspire you to go through a detox where you feel fully supported and knowledgeable about what to do and how to do it.Our Detox E-Course consists of:
- Lesson 1- An introductory video on detoxing safely
- Lesson 2- A 30 page E-Book with lots of info about detoxing as well as a one day detox programme, including shopping list and recipes.
- Lesson 3- Yoga Video- A lovely online yoga class to help your body gently cleanse and relax your body
- Lesson 4- Restorative Yoga, Breath work and relaxation video
- Lesson 5- Coming out of a Detox
The most important thing….
Make sure you do it in a way that works for you, that suits your lifestyle and ensure it feels manageable. Small steps create the biggest changes in my experience so have fun, play with it and let me know how you go.