How to control aches and pain with breath awareness
I have written a series of 3 blogs to look at how relaxation can bring natural pain and stress relief. Today we’ll explore how to control aches and pain with breath awareness.
- Our first blog looked at how relaxation can help your physical body as a natural pain reliever.
- Our second blog looked at your mindset and how relaxation can help you to release tension with focus and breath awareness.
- This week in our final blog in this series we will look at how your mind/body communication can affect your back pain and, if left to its own devices, can make up stories of your health which may not always be true. Explore how to control aches and pain with breath awareness.
In this blog we’ll talk about:
- How relaxation helps you change your mindset
- How your stress and anxiety may be making the negative experience you may be having worse
- Why it will benefit you in both the short and long term to use relaxation as natural pain relief and to manage your stress and anxiety around the situation.
- Where you can get your free relaxation to get you started
See the bigger picture of an ongoing health issue or stressful situation
Sometimes the mind has a life of its own. It comes up with some dramatic interpretations of events and we have to check in and assess for ourselves the truth of what is being presented before us. Like most people, I have experienced times of anxiety in my life and have learned how to manage these over dramatising thoughts and feelings. Yoga and meditation have had a huge part to play in managing the stress and anxiety in a gentle, compassionate and natural way.
When you are living with pain, and related stress and anxiety, our minds can become fearful and imagine that the situation is never going to get better and you may feel you have no way of controlling the pain.
However, there are some amazing yoga teachers I’ve met who have defied medical diagnoses and worked their way our of wheelchairs with yoga and meditation. True! Some of my yoga students have become pain-free after decades of ongoing back pain after just a few classes. Also true!
When you allow yourself to relax, you can become the master of your thoughts and begin to challenge your fears.
- Recognise and acknowledge what your fear is – what is your mind telling you is true?
- Consider if this belief is relevant for your life now or is it simply an old pattern repeating itself.
- What is the actual truth about your situation for you right now? When you consider this you can consider the aspects of the situation that you had not recognised as you had a belief that old you otherwise.
After a relaxation, many students have said how they feel they have their true perspective back. It may simply be that you ‘let go’ of tension in your mind and body which naturally releases old beliefs and you are able to see the truth for what it is or feel that it is not as big as a problem as you first thought.
They feel stronger knowing they have their inner strength to face life’s challenges. Yoga and relaxation do not remove the challenges of life. They simply give us the wisdom and inner strength to face them, as well as the reassurance that we now have tools for life to address back pain, stress, and anxiety.
After a relaxation, you may feel stronger knowing you have your inner strength to face life’s challenges. Yoga and relaxation do not remove the challenges of life. They simply give us the wisdom and inner strength to face them, as well as the reassurance that we now have tools for life to address back pain, stress, and anxiety.
Are you ready to take charge your health and reclaim your life?
You can start to get the feeling perhaps that you have more control over your body’s health and your thoughts than you previously thought. Often it can be an ongoing journey but you can definitely take the driving seat in this journey. When we feel more in control we tend to feel less anxious. One of the greatest causes of stress and anxiety is when we feel we have no say and are disempowered.
Relaxation can help you take this control back.
If you are not yet a member of our website – no problem….
If you like what you’ve read and want to try out some our classes then you’ll like our Free Online Yoga Taster Sessions.
To sign up click here. Click ‘Access this Course’ once you get to our website and register your details to get started.
For Soul Harmony Yoga members click on this lovely 20-minute relaxation, sign in and away you go. Use as an aid to help you get a good nights sleep or to re-energise you during the day. If you know friends who will benefit from this relaxation you can share with the social media buttons below.
Feel free to ask any questions or let me know if this blog gave your everything you needed in the comments below. Help out your friends. Like, Tweet and share the blog to those you know will benefit.