Welcome to our 6 lessons of Mindful Practice Yoga.
There are 6 lessons detailed in the course outline designed to bring you into a Mindful Yoga Practice. When we are mindful we are aware of how we are feeling and thinking in any given moment.
The benefits of practising Mindfulness
- We live from a mindful place, that is a peaceful, balanced and present place,
- The decisions we make tend to flourish and take us towards acceptance of what is and a power to create change if we wish to. I’m certainly not saying this is always easy but making this into a way that has meaning for you can certainly bring greater fulfilment to our everyday living.
- Get to know your body and what it needs from your yoga practice – the general rule of thumb is do not do anything which feels too uncomfortable and definitely no pain.
- Reduce stress and anxiety by feeling into these emotions and using your breath to allow them to pass
- Begin with a warm up with a focus on the muscles you will be using in the postures within the class.
- Explore our Dru Yoga energy block release sequence – a sequence of movements which work through your whole body to release energy from tight muscles, joints, and your spine. These sequences allow you to physical and mentally prepare for a deeper experience of the postures that follow.
- Postures (asanas)
- Relaxation is a time for your body and mind to deeply relax. It’s the time when your energy and vitality are restored and you consciously nourish yourself. It’s a time to love and appreciate who you are as you allow yourself to let go and be.
- Safety information
- Course Bonuses in your Library – short yoga and mentoring videos
- Affirmation poster‘ to encourage and motivate you to practice
- For additional information regarding Mind/Body Healing using Yoga, Relaxation and Meditation check out our blog posts.
I look forward to guiding you through your Yoga lessons and connecting with you along the way.
Estimated Time: 6 lessons
Welcome to the Mindful Practice 6 lesson yoga course
Quick Safety Briefing1 of 3
When beginning any course of practical Yoga, there are some important safety aspects you must consider before you begin.
Welcome by Debs Fawcett2 of 3
Welcome video by Debs Fawcett, bringing you back to the ‘present moment’
Help and Support3 of 3
Join our Soul Harmony Yoga support group on Facebook and download your Affirmation Poster here to help you to bring your yoga practice into your everyday life.
Mindful Practice Yoga Course Lessons
Mindful Practice - Lesson 11 of 6
This lesson is designed to take start to connect on a deeper level with your whole body and begin your mind & body connection to bring you back to the present moment. The key principles of this class are core stability and alignment. Class length: 1 hour
Mindful Practice - Lesson 22 of 6
The key principles of this class are connecting your movement with your breath and bringing an awareness into how you are holding your body.Class length: 1 Hour
Mindful Practice- Lesson 33 of 6
This lesson is designed to help you gain a deeper awareness of your spine and your movement abilities. The key principle in this lesson is creating both strength and flexibility in your spine. Class length: 1 Hour
Mindful Practice - Lesson 44 of 6
This lesson is designed to explore ‘lengthening’ through your body in postures, and replenishing physical vitality and refreshing the circulation to your eyes and brain. Class length: 1 Hour
Mindful Practice - Lesson 55 of 6
A shorter lesson to bring strength and flexibility into your thighs and the trunk of your body. The key principle in this lesson is to use Yoga to release tension and emotions from your body.
Mindful Practice - Lesson 66 of 6
This lesson has been designed as a quick fix to bring you back into feeling strong and connected. The key principle here is building strength and stamina. Class length: 22 minutes (excluding relaxation).