So you have decided that you are going to detox and boost your body and mind? Good on you!
Here are a few tips to keep you on the road to success to detox and boost your body and mind. Number one is key – make sure you include things you absolutely love so you can guarantee you can get to the end of the detox.Keep an eye out for more on detoxing on our Facebook Page over the coming weeks.
As you begin to release toxins, once you stop putting them into your body, your body will begin to remove these toxins. This can cause you to feel pretty naff really- maybe sluggish, moody, angry etc. Don’t worry about it as it is all a sign that your body is releasing the toxins it needs to get rid of. To help your body to do this make sure you drink plenty of water- at least 4-8 large glasses a day. This creates more loo visits but remember -it’s all a sign that your body is healing and getting healthier. Your kidneys will be very happy with you that you are helping to heal the body. Use purified water if possible.
2. Food supplements /Green foods such as barley grass, chlorella, spiralina & wheatgrass.
Adding in is juts as important as taking out foods. The key foods you will need to eliminate are sugar, junk food, processed foods and meat, pesticides chemicals, preservatives and all heated fats and oils, eat organic where you can.However, there are so many supplements out there and it really all depends on what you need. Some key foods to include are Green Powers such as barley grass, chlorella, spiralina & wheatgrass. These will boost your nutritional intake making your body cleanse a little quicker, whilst rebalancing your alkaline and acid levels in your body. Your body is at it’s happiest with 80% alkaline foods and 20% acidic.
There are some exceptions for issues with kidney stones where the body is too alkaline so please do check with a health consultant if you have any concerns. Including some kind of fibre can help clear your digestive system and milk thistle is particularly good for cleansing the liver. You will need to use these supplements for longer to get the true benefits. Ask your local health food shop for more details.
3. Make your own body scrub
The skin is the largest organ of the body and will secrete toxins out of your body. A lovely homemade body scrub can help with your detox and your skin will feel amazing afterwards. Try this one:
- 2/3 cup sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 drops lavender oil
Mix together and rub on your skin, making sure you travel up to the heart from the legs and down to the heart from the arms. This will also help to stimulate your lymphatic system aiding your detox process.
4. Be in sunlight
This ensures the maximum assimilation of calcium from water, food and mineral supplements (calcium is an essential part of a detox being the bodies primary alkalizing agent). Get out into sunlight for 20 minutes a day regularly and more if it is safe to do so.
5. Have supportive people around you
It’s important to be around people who will support your detox as when the going gets tough and your cravings set in, or you feel moody and angry (this is the liver releasing toxins by the way!). This provides help when you need it and if you can get someone to join you even better.
6. Practice gentle exercise and leave time for relaxation and meditation
Bringing some gentle movement into your day can help your body to release toxins as well. Try our short yoga class ‘Introduction to detoxing via movement and relaxation‘.
Take time to relax and do passive activities rather than really active ones.
7. Take your time easing back into your normal eating and drinking habits.
How you move back into your eating habits is really important. Be mindful of what your food and drinks are, as you want to avoid re-toxing the body and going right back to where you started from. Make sure you eat foods which are highly nutritious and let your body be the judge of the foods you eat. Once you start to put more good foods in you will start to notice you move away from foods that are more harmful. Take you
What steps can I take now for myself?
- Consider what you ingest as your first drink or food and ask yourself if is nourishing your body (No judgement id it isn’t!). When you eat and drink things that nourish the cells in your body it will remove the feeling so hunger you may feel as your body already has what it needs.
- Read something to inspire and help you take the next step such as Give Yourself a Natural Boost with Juicing
- If you want to get hold of an easy go to guide of ‘How To’ do a gentle one day detox and much more get a copy of our 30-page E-Book ‘The One Day Detox Manual‘.
- For Members of Soul Harmony Yoga – Access our Two-Day Detox Course. This course is designed to introduce you or re-inspire you to go through a detox where you feel fully supported and knowledgeable about what to do and how to do it.
For more support on a one-to-one basis drop me an email email@example.com. I’m happy to support and guide you through a gentle detox. Look out for our Online Detox Course which will take you through the whole process.