Have you wondered how you will know you are doing your yoga at home correctly?
Watch our video and read through our 5 Tips for how to do yoga at home for beginners to help you discover how easy it is.
You may wonder:
- How do I know if I’m doing the poses correctly?
- How can I do yoga at home safely?
- If you have any current health issues or injuries mention to your health consultant or practitioner that you’d like to practice yoga at home. Ask them if there are any movements that you should avoid, for example, you would not practice forward bends if you had been diagnosed with sciatica. You could also ask what they feel may be helpful to you as well. Once you have this information you can choose appropriate classes using our Mapping Tool. This tool references the time of the classes and all the benefits. I strongly advise reading our Safety Briefing before starting any classes. This document goes through common issues and what to avoid if you are experiencing them
- Take time to listen to your body. Feel into how postures feel and let your body be the guide. None of our classes are designed for you to be experiencing any pain at all. You may feel a tightness in your body but anymore and I’d advise you reduce your stretch or stop altogether with stronger discomfort.
- Watch the posture or sequence first in our class demonstrations. Once you have seen the posture I will then invite you to join me. Simply follow my instructions as I guide you step by step. You can play back the videos as much as you like to make sure you understand.
- Listen to the alignment points as I guide you and take time to position your body based on these instructions.
- Use a mirror to see your positioning. It might feel strange but checking out your position initially is really helpful and you can also ‘feel’ the correct position. After a few times, our body has a way of remembering these positions and you’ll start to feel when you are out of alignment naturally.
I find with certain things I like to link to other support as I don’t always have the energy or inclination to do everything on my own,
especially if it is connected to something that is really good for me.
I have a few online programmes that I use regularly to support me in my business and my personal growth.
I find it really helpful to move through blockages, gain new ideas, make my experiences different to what they would be if I had just thought about them myself and give me a motivational boost for myself.
I will help you through regular input to give yourself permission to include a home yoga practice.
I will make it really easy for you with my online yoga, relaxation and meditation classes. Our website is here to give you the motivational boost you need to get onto the mat.
I teach safe and gentle yoga classes focusing on nurturing you. My classes are suitable for all levels of experience, age and ability.
Are Soul Harmony Online Yoga Classes for you?
- Do you want a yoga class which is more physical exercise, specific alignment classes or a more holistic practice of the physical, relaxation and meditation together?
- Notice how you feel about the teacher of the classes – are they suited to what you are looking for. Check out our classes and see how they suit you.
- Where can you fit yoga into your weekly life and what do you need to help you do this – a class that you can attend or a more personal practice using online materials at home?
- Do you need a beginners home yoga practice? We have a beginners course where we teach in a 6 week course basic physical alignment, breathing in yoga and basic relaxation techniques
If you feel like you can relate to my ethos and my style of teaching and would like to try out our entire course library for US$14 per month you are warmly welcome to join our Monthly Membership . You are free to cancel at any time.
I’m happy to reply to any questions you may have and have a chat about your own home yoga practice. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Until then happy yoga journeying and I wish you all the best.